“In the Men’s Room” is the third volume of poems in the Has Doubts series, written by Alexander Velky. We’re crowdfunding (simultaneously for two volumes) with a view to publishing in late 2018.
The theme of this book is the relationship between nature and destiny, with a specific focus on mankind’s influence on its habitats and its social structures, and on the related propensity for mankind to conflate itself with men, as illustrated in the frequent usage context of the word itself.
You can read a few of the poems and watch a couple of video performances by following links from the contents list below. If you like the look of any of this, please consider helping to fund the publication of the book; or at least share the Kickstarter link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bebo (lol not really) or anywhere else that might be appropriate.
Should the campaign be successful, offers for interviews, reviews, features, gig bookings etc. would all be considered.
The poems in this book will probably be these:
- An apology
- Welcome to the Men’s Room
- Attitude: rampant
- Finally embracing my destiny
- Thoughts on a Monday morning
- Natural law of diminishing returns
- Good companions, rarely blended
- My species is endangered
- Synthetic meat is simulated murder
- Tractors turning
- Wearing pink
- Civilization schmivilization
- George Monbiot’s agricultural policy
- Trouble in the drains
- New story idea
- Stopped by a commercial Sitka spruce plantation on a snowy evening
- Twitching tetraptych: Chaffinches, Choughs, Ravens, Robins
- Big American fridge
- Flawed nature, perfect destiny
- Altes Schloss selfie
- With which eye do you see the faery?
- My bloody chamber
- Spell for a satisfying bowel movement
- In the men’s room III